What is a cookie?
Cookies are files containing small data items that are downloaded into your device when you visit AVIVA's website. Their main purpose is recognising the user (by means of identification hallmarks that do not allow linking them to any individual in particular) in each access to the website. This also allows us to improve the quality and usability of our website. Cookies are essential for the operation of the internet; they cannot damage the user's equipment or device and, when they are enabled in the browser's settings, allow us to more quickly and effectively identify and fix potential operation errors.
Types of cookies
There are different types of cookies, all working in the same way, but with slight differences:
- Session cookies: Session cookies only exist for as long as the visit lasts, and are deleted when the user closes the browser. Their main purpose is to identify the device type, support the security of the website or its basic functionality. They do not contain any personal information that could allow identifying an individual.
- Persistent or permanent cookies: Stored in the device's hard disk, they are read by the website server whenever the user visits the site again; they have a given expiration date, beyond which the cookie will no longer function. This kind of cookies allow to identify the user's preferences, analyse the visits, and help us understand how users reach the website and improve the services it provides..
- Functional cookies: They allow remembering decisions taken by the user earlier, such as the login credentials or ID. The information of these cookies is anonymous (that is, they do not include Name, address or other personal data).
- Third-party cookies: Third-party cookies are set by a website other than that the user is visiting; for instance, those used by social media (such as Facebook) or external content plug-ins (such as Google Maps).
- Analytical cookies: The purpose of these cookies is to ensure the regular maintenance and proper operation of the service delivered to the user, by collecting data about its activity.
AVIVA does not use own cookies neither while accessing nor while navigating the website it manages (www.avivavoice.com).
Google Analytics' cookies
Pursuant to Royal Decree-law 13/2012, AVIVA informs that your website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service delivered by Google, Inc. Google Analytics places a series of cookies (4 by default) in your computer with the only purpose of evaluating how you navigate the website and display us web activity reports. Google stores the information collected by the cookies in servers located in the United States, and undertakes not to share it with third parties, unless otherwise required by law or needed for the operation of the system. Google does not map your IP address to any other information it may hold.
Google Analytics' cookies generate an anonymous user ID, which is used to count how many times the user has visited our website. It also records when was the first and the last time the user visited the web, how long did the session last, and the user's place of origin.
Google will use this information on behalf of AVIVA with the purpose of creating website activity reports and may transfer it to third parties when so required by law, or when such third parties process that information on behalf of Google. Google will not link the IP address the user accesses from with any other data it may have available.
Google Inc. as a Company is a signatory to the Safe Haven Agreement, guaranteeing that the transferred data will be treated with a protection level on a par with that provided by the European regulation. You may check Google's registration form in this link: Google's Safe Haven Agreement registration form.
You may find more information about the cookies used by Google Analytics here: Concepts about Google Analytics' cookies..
However, Google has developed an add-on that you can install in your browser if you prefer not to be tracked with your cookies: Google Analytics' opt-out add-on.
Your choice regarding the use of Google Analytics' cookies in this site will be stored into an additional cookie that will also be stored in your computer.
The following information helps users set up their Internet browser or browsers to preserve their privacy and security in connection with cookies. To that end, we provide information and links to the official support sites of the main browsers, which will enable the user to block the cookies through the browser's settings or configure the browser to display a warning whenever a server attempts to save a cookie.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: in Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Settings. For more information, go to http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies and http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
- Firefox: in Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies. For more information, go to: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- Google Chrome: Options > Advanced Settings > Privacy. Para more information, go to: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- Safari (IOS 8): Settings > Safari > Block cookies. For more information, go to: https://support.apple.com/es-